Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Weekly Organic Meal:Twice Baked Potatoes

I LOVE potatoes. So much. And I'm always looking for different ways to make it. Sunday evening I made these Delicious, organic, twice baked potatoes.

Ingredients
Organic large potatoes (doesn't really matter what kind, as long as they are BIG)
organic sour cream
organic butter
organic chopped up chives
cayenne pepper
salt *pepper
organic shredded cheese

Bake the potatoes in the oven until you can easily put a fork through- usually about an hour, more if they are bigger potatoes

Once you take them out cut them in half and scoop out all the insides into a large bowl. Leave the skin- so they are like little bowls.

In the bowl add all the ingredients(except for the cheese) together and mix. I taste a lot during this process so I can get it just how I like it.

 Once it tastes delicious- and it will- use a spoon to add the potato mixture back into your skin bowls (sounds kind of creepy) fill it to the top and set back into the oven for about 8 min. to warm up the potatoes. Add shredded cheese to the top of the potatoes then put in oven on the broil setting. This gets the cheese a little bit crispy. Leave in for 3-4 min. Take out and EAT!

I usually serve this with a bunch of stir fried veggies, or a grilled chicken breast. But this time I served with a side salad and it worked really great also. They also make great left overs for the next day so I always make more than I know we will eat. 





3 comments:

  1. Hey, visiting you via the blog hops!

    YUM! I love potatoes and organic is even better!!

    Hope you will visit either or both of my sites and follow them.

    So Stylilized-FREE Custom Blog Designs- http://sostylilized.blogspot.com

    Jessicas Lil Corner: Family blog- http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com

    Have a blessed day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed a recipe for these. I always buy them at the deli counter and know they must be so easy. THANKS Girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I'm your newest follower from the blog hop. Hope you will follow me back!

    http://www.simplysweethome.com

    ReplyDelete