Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Labor day trip








We had a great 4 day weekend back in Iowa. Every time we go back it makes me wish more and more that we were moving back, which me might be at some point in the future, who knows. It's just so hard being 10 hours away from any family, and Jasper LOVES being with his grammy (my mom) gramma and grampa (drews parents) and all of his aunts, uncles and cousin.

Friday I had my final dress fitting!!! It fits perfectly and I looove it. Can't wait to wear it in 45 days!! HOLY COW WE ARE GETTING MARRIED IN 45 DAYS!!

The rest of the day hung out with family and Anita and Allan from Sweden who were visiting my mom. They are 65 and 70 and still running marathons and going cross country skiing literally across the whole country of Sweden. They are in so much better shape at 70 then I am at 24- number one reason why I love sweden!

Saturday we went to Ledges- a state park which was beautiful. And yes there is a picture of 70 year old Allan carrying his 65 year old wife across the water in the road. Too cute. The hikes we went on? Killed me- them? They wanted to do more.

Saturday night was my friends wedding- it was a beautiful wedding, and way to much fun was had at the reception. Can you say too many free strawberry margaritas? But we got a condo with two other couples right next door so no worries!!

Sunday and Monday were more fun/relaxing days with the family. I usually squeeze so much in while back, but this time it was great to spend a lot of relaxing family time.

And Jasper did amazing during his 22 hrs in the car roundtrip- and now he is just as addicted to Harry Potter (dvd player in car) as I am!! YAY! Hope everyones weekend was great!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! Congrats on the upcoming wedding. Thanks for following me, I'm following you back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your wedding day will be here before you know it!! How exciting :)

    ReplyDelete