Monday, September 27, 2010

I'm so blessed to have these girls in my life.

Saturday was a relaxing, errand running, kitchen cleaning type of day. Drew took Jasper on some fun outings which was great for them AND me because I got to get some stuff done that is nearly impossible with a three year old and one year old ( I nanny for a 1 yr old boy) tagging along.

Then Saturday night a great group of girls planned a dinner/mini bachelorette party for me! It meant so much that they took the time to do that. They all have such busy lives, and one even moved almost an hr away but came back for it. The 5 of us met last August when all of our just turned 2 year olds were in the same Little Gym class. Between the 5 of us we have two three year old boys and three three year old girls- and one of these lucky ladies announced to me last night she is 5 weeks pregnant!! Over the past year I have grown super close to these girls- we are all so different, ranging from the youngest (24 yr old me) to the oldest 32 yr old Michelle. Some of us are stay at home mammas, two are single moms, one of us adopted her daughter when she was 6 months, one of these ladies works TWO jobs so she can provide everything for her daughter Completely on her own. Some of use are VERY liberal, one quite conservative, and a couple of moderates. We honestly have more things Not in common than we do in common. But despite the differences in our lives we have been very close, and I know if I needed ANYTHING- these ladies would be there for me. And that's such a great feeling when my closest family members are 700 miles away.

Here are some pics from the night. Most were taken after I had consumed several "Darlenitini's" (Think malibu rum, peach shnapps, orange and pineapple juice"




And yes, I decided after a few drinks that doing Pilates in heels sounded like a fabulous idea

No comments:

Post a Comment