Saturday, April 30, 2011

Stuff my kid says

Tonight while tucking Jasper in for bed I gave him his normal 'magic kisses.' He has to have them done, by me, before every nap and bed time. It's special kisses done in a certain order, covering his whole face, and they can't be wiped off while he is sleeping.

While giving him his magic kisses I was filled with overwhelming sadness with the thought that someday, he will no longer want, need or require me to give him his magic kisses before bed.

I said something like 'Think you will have your wife give your magic kisses before bed when you are older Jasper"

My sweetheart of a son replied with "Yes! But you have to still give me my magic kisses too."

I said, "Well I might not be able to every night because you will live with your wife, but every time I see you i will."

And then he said " But you will live with me too. You have to."

This made me so incredibly happy and sad at the same time.

This brought on the conversation of me moving in and taking care of his babies when he has them and he thought that was a great idea and claimed that he was going to have 5 babies.

I'm sure all mothers feel this way, but he truly is the most special person in the whole world, and I'm quite positive no woman will ever be good enough for him.

1 comment: