Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Top Two Tuesday: Things I Have Learned About Friendship

Why yes it is 3 AM and I'm blogging. This damn jetlag is seriously killing me. Up at 3-4 AM and then crash as soon as Jasper goes to bed at 7:30. Tomorrow night I'm totally drinking nyquil. Don't judge.

Anyway, here's what I've learned about friendships over the last few years.

1. Quality over Quantity.
In high school I had So many friends, I didn't limit myself to one 'category' of friends like most movies seem to show. I was in choir, so I had my choir friends, I was in drama, so I had my drama friends, I was on the dance squad and mock trial so I had those friends, I was in track so I had my...okay scratch that I was in track because of my uber hot older boyfriend was the track star and convinced me I needed to be a runner, but I wasn't there for the friends..just to stare at him. But the point is at any given moment I could call, or AIM anybody (cuz that was the cool thing to do way back in 2003) and have something to do in a second. Now, I still remain friend with many of them, but living 700 miles away makes it a little harder. And I have several mom friends that I get together with weekly for playdates, and some college non mom friends who I love to spend time with sans baby and hubby, but Ive realized that I don't need 75 friends on speed dial. A few great friends is much more important and meaningful than dozens and dozens of superficial friends.

2. Distance isn't an issue for true friendship.  
All my my 'best' friends live a minimum of 700 miles away. And it can go months (or much longer) without seeing eachother, even a month or two of no contact because we are all so busy, but every time we are with each other it's like no time at all has passed. This goes for my amazing little group of high school besties and for the three girls from Sweden who we became inseperable at the age of 4-5 and still 20 years later are amazingly close.



Top two pictures taken two years apart, both in Sweden. Bottom is obviously me and my bridesmaids, some of my best girls.

**I typed this at 3 AM but forget to hit publish. Looks like I wasn't as clear at 3 AM as I thought I was!



2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more. LOVE this topic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally agree with both of these! and love that you are doing kendi's 30 for 30... you are braver than me! love your first outfit... can't wait to come back and check out the rest of your selections!

    ReplyDelete