Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Yes, my child asks for happy hour

But it's not as bad as it sounds.

Yesterday Jasper and I were enjoying some swing time at the park when he loudly announces " Mamma, can we please nicely go to happy hour after we leave the park?"

Without thinking I replied " Well sure, we can go get a drink since you asked so nicely"

It wasn't until I got some weird looks/evil glares from the moms around us that I realized that happy hour for most means a drink after work. The happy hour my three year old was referring to was SONICS happy hour. There is one across the street from one of our regular parks and we will occasionally head to sonics during happy hour for strawberry limeades.

As we were leaving I made sure to loudly say "Okay Jasper let's head to SONICS happy hour" so the other moms wouldn't have near heart attacks for thinking I was giving my three year old shots of SoCo and lime.

5 comments:

  1. LOVE this! :) I did the same thing when I was a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, that's adorable! you're the coolest mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. He'd probably sleep great if that WAS what you gave him. :)

    I wish as moms we could get to the point where we didn't care what other moms thought of us. It's so hard not to care though!

    Hope you guys had a great time at Happy Hour! :)

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete