Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Whoa am I really doing this?

I decided to totally step out on a limb and join in on Kendi's 30 for 30 challenge. I know right- craaazy. But I have some good reasons for joining.

1. All the cool kids are doing it.
2. Im ashamed of my closet. As in, ashamed of the amount of clothes I have. A ridiculous amount of clothes. And many items that I've never worn or worn only once or twice, so this will be great to force me to get creative with those clothes.
3. It's february. My least favorite month of the whole year, so why not try something new?
4. I just spent a slightly ridiculous amount of money in Stockholm on Saturday on clothes (can't resist there) so this no shopping for 30 days rule is much needed.

Okay that's all the reasons I can come up with for now, so here it is.

My 30 items
4 Cardigans/sweaters

9 tops-most of these brand new, excited to try them all out!

7 dresses/long shirts

2 skirts and three pairs of pants. Bought these skirts months ago and never worn either..

5 pairs of shoes- this was the hardest narrowing down to only 5!
And here's my first outfit. Excuse the horrible pictures- I need to figure out a better way to get these pictures taken. Drew is gone by 7 AM during the week,and Im usually not even awake by then. Let Alone dressed, and I usually am changed into yoga pants by the time he gets home, but I'll try to get some better pics!






I had obviously not stepped outside OR checked the weather before getting dressed today because I wore tights and it's -10! Effin cold. But we had a target run to make and a kids musical to attend.

Outfit number 1
Dress- Bought on Saturday in Stockholm at one of my two favorite stores, GinaTricot. I absolutely Love it. Even more than when I tried it on. It's covered in beautiful pink blue and purple flowers and comes with the brown belt. I can tell this is going to become a favorite of mine!
Tights- Walmart
Shoes- Forever 21
Hat- also purchased in Stockholm on Saturday. I had already packed my hat because it was supposed to be a warm 30 degrees, but with the wind it felt even colder than it had been in the single digits. So I walked into the nearest store after I got off the subway and bought this hat. I kinda like it a lot and Im so not a hat person. Jasper also wanted to show of his new hat that I bought for him while buying mine.

At the musical we went to Jasper sat still for the ENTIRE SHOW. I was shocked. I deliberately chose seats that we could sneak out When, not If, he got bored/antsy/talkative. But he. did. amazing. So proud of my little man.

Let me know if you are participating in the 30 for 30 challenge so I can check your outfits out!

Oh and also while in Sweden, Sofie who is a hairdresser cut my hair! It feels super short. She cut off 4-5 inches off of the length and added a bunch of layers. Cant decide yet if I like it or not. So used to my long, one length hair.

8 comments:

  1. You are adorable! And so is your son, holy cow!

    I can't wait to see all of your outfits! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah thats a challenge! If you ever want to sell your entire closet, let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found you through Kendi's list. Your first outfit is great! Have fun!!!
    jewelscapes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. my parents are living in stockholm for 3 years! (they'll come home this july.) i got to go visit last may (i live in the u.s.). it's soooo beautiful in the spring, but i'm glad my visit didn't include the winter months, i'll be honest. so frigid!
    this hat paired with the feminine floral is a great match. love it.
    -brittney
    http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable outfit. And your a boy is such a cutie. I can only image how hard it was to be away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, a Denver gal! I moved from there to NYC about 5 months ago, and MAN do I miss Colorado! I'm a midwest gal all around :) I am excited to see what everyone remixes since this is my first time doing the 30 for 30. You are already of my faves since I know what kind of weather Colorado can have (like 3 seasons in 1 day ;) Cheers to remixing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I like those booties! They're from f21? How do you think they wear? I'm always a little hesitant that they'll hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adore your outfit. I love it paired with the coloured tights + belt, and those shoes are uber adorable. As for not always dressing for the weather? Um. Guilty! xx veronika

    ReplyDelete