Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Top Ten Things I miss about Sweden

For those that don't know- I grew up in Sweden, moved to the states when I was 11- and last year Drew, Jasper and I spent almost 7 months studying abroad in Karlstad, Sweden


In no particular order..

1. THE FOOD



Amazing pizza, bread, cheese and butter. Each of these individually deserve it's own post. Pictured is amazing Amigos Pizza- we went there at Least once a week, Swedish meatballs and mashed potatoes, amazing chocolate- coconut- marshmellowy thing, its even better than it sounds- and our typical 'at home' lunch, thin bread, with cream cheese and cucumber, a cracker bread thing w cheese and delicious pasta salad. I have tried recreating that pasta salad- but without the swedish ingredients its just no where near the same..

2. Mariebergskogen




A park about 15 minutes walk from our downtown apartment. It was right on lake Vanern- biggest lake in Western Europe- it had a beach for the summer, ice skating, petting zoo, icecream/hot dog stand, miniature golf, sweet playground equipment, deep forests..seriously a dream park

3.The Shopping.
We lived right downtown Karlstad- so when I stepped out of my apartment building onto the cobblestone streets all I had to do was glance to my right and it was shopping paradise- Ginatricot, H&M, and Indiska were among my favorites. All of my current favorite items from my wardrobe were purchased in Sweden- my favorites? Some boots, sandals, dresses, skinny jeans, JEGGINGS- yes, before they became the in thing here I was rocking them. Sometime soon I will put together some outfit posts of outfits purchased in Sweden

To be continued...

1 comment:

  1. Those food items look real yummy! Great post! I don't know if I'll miss Czech when we leave. My husband signed a 2 year contract so we are back next year. We will see!! :)

    ReplyDelete