Tuesday, February 28, 2012

If you asked me how I'm doing..

and I was being 100% honest? I'd tell you... I'm tired. Really tired. Like tired enough to lay in bed and sleep all day tired. I'd tell you the reason I'm always so tired. Because I literally can NOT sleep at night. For several reasons. One being for the past 2 months I've been so congested between the hours of 7PM and 9 AM. It's like clockwork. I though I just had a bad cold, but my OB informed me last month it's just a pregnancy thing that some women get, they create a lot of extra flem and mucusy crap and it has nowhere to go. So I can't breathe at night. When I do doze off, I walk up feeling like I'm drowning because it feels like I have a giant brick on my chest. 

Also, the hip pain. That's not helping with the sleeping situation. I have to switch sides about every 30-40 min., and each side flip requires moving pillows around in between my legs and around my hips.

And if I was really being honest, I'd tell you about how tired I am to wake up with a (minor) bloody nose every morning. This has been going on since about week 15-16, I don't know if it's a pregnancy thing, though I would assume it is, plus the dryness of a Colorado winter? Either way, it's not pleasant. But like I said it's minor and as soon as I blow my nose a few times, it's gone.

I'd tell you how sitting, in any position is extremely uncomfortable. Why you would maybe ask? I would tell you it's a combination of my tailbone that I broke sleep walking Jr. year of high school (story for another day) and baby pressure on it and it's constantly sore (when not pregnant it's only sore if I sit still for more than a couple of hrs at a time, which doesn't happen often, but 9 hr flights? Pure hell) So a combination of the broken tailbone in the back and a very sore hoohah. I didn't have this at ALL last pregnancy. It just constantly feels like someone kicked me with a steal toed boot in my vagina. Pleasant image huh?

If you were Still listening and wondering how I was REALLY doing, I'd tell you I'm really sick of my dry skin this pregnancy. Again, not sure if it's JUST pregnancy related since I never got it with Jasper- but I was pregnant in Iowa (mostly in the spring and summer) and the humidity probably  helped with that problem. But Colorado is Always dry, and in the winter? While pregnant? Again miserable. I would tell you how I put my Mama mio oil on twice a day and it barely satisfies my itchy bell and boobs. And about how I sleep with vasaline liberally smeared all across my face and lips and I still wake up with skin cracking painfully and raw bloody lips. 

I'd maybe even complain about how my hips and butt have tripled in size and I can't stand to look in the mirror anymore. 

I'd tell you how grateful I am do be carrying this baby, and how guilty I feel for even uttering a single complaint, because I'd do it over and over again to have a healthy baby in my arms at the end of the 9 months. 

And then I would suck it up and not complain to you again because really Nobody wants to hear someone whine and complain. And the next time you asked how I was doing? I'd answer with my typical "I'm doing good!"

Because I am. I'm good. I'm healthy. My son is healthy. My Daughter is healthy and growing. family is healthy. And I'm growing LIFE in my body. I'm great!

Thanks for asking. And listening. 

8 comments:

  1. Sorry you're having it so rough! Sending good vibes your way <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. i didnt know you live in denver! so do i!

    i am sorry you are having a rough time with pregnancy. i had it hard 3 times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i didnt know you live in denver! so do i!

    i am sorry you are having a rough time with pregnancy. i had it hard 3 times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feel free to complain all you want, it's tough on the body growing these little ones! I'm so sorry to hear about all the dry skin problems - have you tried a humidifier in your room at night? Might help?

    I too have congestion but since my doctor okay'd the use of my allergy meds to continue throughout the pregnancy that has helped (i take zyrtec every night before bed). Although I did find allegra worked better so i'm hoping to switch to that after talking to my dr. again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try using some saline nasal spray every few hours. It will help clear some of the nasal congestion as well as keep your nasal passages moist (which should help curb the nosebleeds).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh and also the humidifier suggested by another comment should help too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh sweetie everyone has moments that they complain while pregnant- it's not natural NOT too! Hang in there- your baby girl will be here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel ya! I haven't had a good night's sleep in months. I could only imagine what life is going to be like with a newborn.

    Sorry it's unrelated but I can't find your e-mail... I tagged you in my "11 things" post! Not sure if you've seen it going around the blog world yet or if you are interested in those types of things. :)

    ReplyDelete