Thursday, February 23, 2012

30 weeks 4 days

How far along: 30 weeks 34days 
Size of Baby: Head of lettuce, 18 inches and 3.2 lbs


Total Weight Gain:  Still sitting at around 22 I think give or take a pound. My doctor's office is always up and down though depending on the shoes I wear-at home I weigh myself naked in the morning so that's what I'm going off of- not if I wore 4 lb biker boots. Might seem silly but that makes a difference! And telling a hormonal pregnant woman she's gained 8 lbs in a month without taking into account that shes wearing huuuge boots instead of the ballet slippers from the previous month? Come on shoes matter people! And that would get my OB to spare the lecture on not gaining an weight in 4 weeks like last time when really I had gained a few lbs, I was weighed wearing 4 extra lbs of shoes last time. Seriously they weigh that much I weighed them by themselves! Soon it's flip flop weather and then I'll feel better after my OB appointments :) 


Maternity Clothes: Still a mixture- last week I wore my fat jeans, non maternity, otherwise jeans are all maternity- tops are a mixture. I only have like 7-8 maternity shirts since I refused to buy any last time. But if they are long enough they work just fine. 


Gender: Girl! 
Movement:All. THe.Time. Especially at night- she's a little night owl! 
Sleep:Sleep? Whats's that? I can't sleep at all at night- but have no problem napping during the day when Jasper is sleeping (thank GOD for 4.5 year olds that still take a 1.5-2 hr nap every day) but night time? Forget it. I'm up every 20 min trying to get comfortable. 

What I miss: Sleep. Honestly think I'll sleep much better with a newborn. 
Cravings: Still into my carbs. 
Symptoms:Out of breath easily, pressure, hips and back ache, some braxton hicks started last week
What I’m looking forward to: April! 

I'm feeling more prepared now- baby girl has a closet stocked with clothes 0-6 months, and this weekend we hit up babies r us for the last things we 'needed' before baby gets here, stroller, swing, carseat, bottles, pacifier, more swaddle blankets..really think we are SET! 

In other pregnancy news- the last week or so whenever I lay down it feels like I have a large, heavy brick laying on my chest making breathing difficult. Anyone else get that? Probably not helping with the sleep department. 








It's so weird seeing my BUMP from different angles- it's looks larger from some side- and lumpy from others- which i promise you the bump is NOT lumpy.

Outfit 
Leggings: H&M maternity- I wish I had like 5 pairs of these, they are suuuper comfortable.
Knee Highs: H&M
Boots: Zulily
Dress: Or at least this Was a dress, now its more like a long shirt Forever 21- a mothers day present picked out by Jasper last year.
Long sleeved shirt: Gap Body- NON maternity but its so soft i wear it all the time. Not sure how much longer it will work though, it's inching up my belly.
Hat: my farmor's in Sweden. When I was there visiting last January I hadn't brought a hat, stupid huh? Northern Sweden in January, there were nights were it was -15 degrees and i would walk to the hospital from her apartment every day, a hat was necessary. Luckily she had a whole box of them sitting there so I wore this one. ANd kept it. It's super special to me, especially since she passed away weeks later. 
Scarf: Or Pashmina I should say- (that's what it says on tag) bought in Stockholm, I think in 2009.

3 comments:

  1. You are still cute as can be. I totally hear you about the boots - I was weighed this a.m. with giant boots on and know they added a few pounds. The nurse didn't seem to care when I mentioned it. Hmph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are adorable!!! Love these updates! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello found you via Lindsays blog today. How very exciting, shopping for baby goods is totally fun. Please popover to my blog, i have such a cute vintage giveaway for bubs, you might also like my vintage inspired clothing for children. I am with you on swedish design, how do thdy do it so well!

    ReplyDelete