Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pregnant and barefoot in the kitchen

Saturday evening we had Drew's old RA and his wife over for dinner. Drew had gotten together with him over the years but I haven't seen him since probably right before I got pregnant (he was his freshman year RA so don't worry our  pregnancy didn't happen on his watch! ha.) 

It was a different situation having him over here for dinner because all I remember about him is doing my best to avoid him when I was sneaking in showers and what not since it was Drews (all boy's floor) dorm and I obviously didn't belong- but hey a girl can only go So long with out a shower!! (I was living in Boulder at the time so I'd come up to Denver for the weekends- and by weekend I mean like Wednesday/Thursday through Sunday) 

But regardless of me sneaking showers 6 years ago under his watch (which apparently he knew about- whoops!) we had a great time with him and his wife. After dinner inside (made my home made swedish meatballs and au gratin potatoes- always a success) we headed to the back yard and made a fire in our fire place back there. We haven't gotten many chances to use it yet since we moved in in October but I can tell I'm gonna LOOOVE it! We just brought the baby monitor back there and sat out there for hours! It ended up getting a little chilly, but nothing a few fleece blankets didn't solve! The only thing that would have made it more perfect is if I would have had a nice glass of red wine, but soon enough I will!

Drew snapped a few cell pictures as I was preparing dinner- and looking at them after I couldn't help but laugh at the whole 'pregnant and barefoot in the kitchen' thing. I'm a 50's housewife apparently!!



Skirt:Target (non maternity)
Shirt:H&M (non maternity) but probably was the last time I can wear it this pregnancy with out a tank top- anytime i moved my arms the bottom part of my belly peeked out, which I couldn't even tell because I can't SEE the bottom of my belly. 

2 comments:

  1. Ooh that backyard fire sounds like so much fun! Summer will be nice with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonjour à tous, qui a utilisé le Mitigeur cascade avant? Nous devons acheter un nouveau pour notre maison en ce moment, si vous savez à ce sujet, se il vous plaît nous en informer. Ou peut aussi être sur les Robinet infrarouge.

    ReplyDelete