Friday, September 6, 2013

Labor day weekend

Oh man did we have a good labor day weekend! I think every weekend should be three days, dont you think? Two days just isn't enough time to fit it all in!
Saturday morning I had a little newborn photography session here I got to shoot and oh my gosh if that didn't give me baby fever.. (it totally did) 
 And then after naps we headed to Dinosaur Ridge with friends and then had a bbq after at one of their houses (they live Super close, like less than 2 miles from red rocks- lucky!)
 ^Digging for real dinosaur bones!^

 ^Dinosaur footprints^

^After our trip to Iowa this girl LOVES her corn!^
Sunday we drove down to see a friend visiting from Sweden with her little family. We met when she was here as an au pair for two years- and then she moved back to Sweden and her boyfriend came along and now they have the cutest baby girl! So so good to see her again! 
 ^Tindra giving Noelia the stink eye^

And then Monday! Oh Monday was So much fun! We went to Elitch Gardens (an amusement park/ water park) with the plan to stay as long as everyone was happy. With a 6 year old and 1 year old, that could have been 1 hour or 5 (but since it's pricey to get in we were hoping for more than an hour!)

 ^This is a Tired baby.^
 ^Jasper and I got 100% drenched on a water ride so we got to walk around soaked all morning.^

 ^So I had the brilliant idea that we should all go on the ferris wheel. Till we got about halfway up and I realized I'm terrified of heights. Made for a long ride back down^

 ^By the look of my face here you would have thought I was on a "real" roller coaster and not the kiddy one. But I was preeeety scared!^

^Tindra loved the marry go round and kept saying hii puppy (what she calls all animals)^
It ended up being the perfect day weather wise- a little bit hot (high 80's) but it especially the first half of the day it was perfect! And then the clouds rolled in for an hour or so and kept us shaded a bit which helped!
Everyone was having such a great time (minus a few meltdowns by an exhausted Tindra who just napped once for 20 minutes) that we ended up being there from 10-5:30! I'd say we got our money's worth!
And a major plus? Getting home, feeding everyone dinner and having Tindra asleep by 6:30 and Jasper by 6:45. 
 photo signature-9_zpse3c2de84.png

No comments:

Post a Comment