Thursday, September 5, 2013

Recipe:Goat cheese stuffed Chicken.

I think I made the best chicken I've ever made last week. I mean, I can't even tell you how good it was. I had my fingers INSIDE of chicken (and if you know me I usually won't even Touch raw chicken) and I can't wait to do it again- that's how good it was. 
I saw the recipe title "Feta and sun dried tomato stuffed chicken" on a magazine cover recently and couldn't stop thinking about it so I decided I had to make something similar! Except I decided to try goat cheese instead of feta because goat cheese is my favorite!     
Ingredients
goat cheese
sun dried tomato
chicken breasts
spinach
pepper
extra virgin olive oil
First, chop up about 1/4 of a cup of sun dried tomatoes and 1 cup of spinach 
In a medium size bowl, mix in the sun dried tomatoes, the spinach and 1/2 a packet of goat cheese. I used a fork to smash it all together. Add a little bit of black pepper. 

   
Next, take your chicken breasts and cut a slit, or a 'pocket' into the side, make sure you don't cut all the way through!
Then either take a spoon or use your hands (I used my bare hands) and shove the goat cheese mixture into the slit. 
Should look something like this when you are done. 
Put a couple of tablespoons of olive oil in a pan, and fry the chicken on medium heat for 3-4 minutes, then flip. Carefully so all the cheese doesn't come out!
After both sides look done (the middle will won't be) I put them in an oven safe dish and baked at 350 till they were all the way done (about 12-15 minutes) and that's it!
I served it with wild rice and Everyone went back for seconds! 
 photo signature-9_zpse3c2de84.png

2 comments: