Monday, September 9, 2013

EFNP- Personality Test

For today's blogtember prompt we were to take This personality test and then respond to the results.

Apparently I'm a ENFP. I really had no clue what that even meant so I did a little research. 

Apparently ENFP's
primary mode of living is focused externally, where you take things in primarily via your intuition. - This is So so me. I make decisions basically based on how I feel about it. I think I've a very intuitive person most of the time. If a person or situation just doesn't feel  right even if I can't put my finger on why I'm usually correct in my bad (or good) feeling about the situation or person. Drew is more fact based so sometimes he doesn't 'get' why I tell him so and so just doesn't feel like a good match for us friends wise or whatever the situation may be, but he has begun to really listen to my intuition and feelings on this because it's proven to be right too many times to count in the past. 

They can talk their way in or out of anything-Yep. That's me. Countless tickets/sticky situations etc I've talked my way out of. Drew likes to remind me that this is why I was supposed to be a lawyer (pre law/political science was my major before I had Jasper) and also why he says he will never win an argument with me. Whoops. 

Project-oriented, they may go through several different careers during their lifetime. To onlookers, the ENFP may seem directionless and without purpose, but ENFPs are actually quite consistent, in that they have a strong sense of values which they live with throughout their lives. Everything that they do must be in line with their values. An ENFP needs to feel that they are living their lives as their true Self, walking in step with what they believe is right. They see meaning in everything, and are on a continuous quest to adapt their lives and values to achieve inner peace. They're constantly aware and somewhat fearful of losing touch with themselves. Since emotional excitement is usually an important part of the ENFP's life, and because they are focused on keeping "centered", the ENFP is usually an intense individual, with highly evolved values- I feel like this was written to describe me. I've often thought of myself as 'directionless and without purpose' but I really think it's because I haven't quite found exactly what it is I'm supposed to be doing. Though lately I do think I've found what it is I'm mean to do :) And I've definitely be described as an intense person before! 

Because ENFPs live in the world of exciting possibilities, the details of everyday life are seen as trivial drudgery. They place no importance on detailed, maintenance-type tasks, and will frequently remain oblivous to these types of concerns. When they do have to perform these tasks, they do not enjoy themselves. This is a challenging area of life for most ENFPs, and can be frustrating for ENFP's family members. - See Drew? THIS is why I have trouble/hate staying on top of laundry/dishes etc. (Drew would say this comment describes me to a T. I will do these things, but often get side tracked and distracted. 

Because they are so alert and sensitive, constantly scanning their environments, ENFPs often suffer from muscle tension. They have a strong need to be independent, and resist being controlled or labelled. They need to maintain control over themselves, but they do not believe in controlling others. Their dislike of dependence and suppression extends to others as well as to themselves.-Yes, yes and yes. 

(Everything in italics I copied and pasted from here)

I feel like I actually learned quite a bit about myself and why I am the way I am by taking this test and reading the results so you should all go do it yourself! Any other EFNP's out there? 


Picture totally unrelated, but what's a post without a picture?
 photo signature-9_zpse3c2de84.png

7 comments:

  1. Hello fellow ENFP :) I think the quote that you found regarding living life as their true self completely nailed it. It expressed how I feel about myself so much better than I ever could.
    And the part about talking your way out of anything? Yes! And it gives me comfort because maybe those 3 years of law school weren't for nothing :)
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow I bet those law school years weren't for nothing!! Slightly jealous:)

      Delete
  2. I'm an ENFP, too! And that one huge paragraph you highlighted in the description is the same thing that really got me when I was reading the results and blew my mind! I'm stepping much more closely into my purpose, but man, it's been a bumpy ride! :) And I'm also learning to trust my intuition more, even though I still get caught up in "logic." Even if something makes sense, if my gut says no, it's like, I don't want to go against it even if I don't understand it :)


    --Erika
    http://www.chimerikal.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. im going to go take the test now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. אבחון אישיות

    ReplyDelete