Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Safees

I know I've talked before about growing up in Sweden, and how even in the middle of the winter we spent pretty much all of our time outdoors. What I might not have mentioned is that in Northern Sweden where I live, it's pretty much pitch black from about 4PM to 9AM every day in the winter. Which means if you are in school, you don't see daylight outside of school hours. This didn't mean we didn't play outside! No, we still did. I even walked home with my siblings/friends in the dark after school, especially on days we stayed to play at the park till dark (which was like 20 min after school got out.)

How did we not get hit by cars you ask? Because of reflectors like THESE. Every single child, adult, bike, stroller, probably even dog had these things on. We had them on every jacket and sweatshirt we owned. I have no clue where we got them, but seriously they were everywhere.

I've never seen anything like this in the US. A few times I've seem some flimsy looking ones, but never ones like the ones we had in Sweden growing up. 

Till I found Safees. These amazing reflectors can increase your visibility in the dark by up to 500%! Whoa. That right there is enough to make sure my kids always have one on. And if that didn't convince me, this did "More than one-fifth of all children between the ages of 5 and 9 years old killed in traffic crashes were pedestrians.Forty-five percent of  pedestrian fatalities under 16 years of age occur between 3 PM and 7 PM."

So basically if you have a school aged child that is outside at all after school, you NEED one of these. They are super affordable (basically the cost of a starbucks pumpkin spice latte) and could end up saving their life. 

THey aren't just for kids either, I was sent one for each of the kids, but I am ordering one for myself and Drew as well. These will definitely come in handy on our snowy winter walks we like to take, not to mention Halloween night when we will all be out walking in the dark!

Not only can they save lives, Jasper thinks his is pretty awesome. It's on his back pack ( I need to order another for his winter coat!) and I think he thinks it's just for decoration and said kids on the bus were talking about how cool it was. Bonus!!

*I was sent two Safees free of charge but these are 100% my own opinions.*

1 comment:

  1. YES thank you! I've been looking for something like this for my 2nd grader!

    ReplyDelete