Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Weekly recipe: Swedish pancakes

I have vowed to try at LEAST one new recipe a week- hopefully more.

This weekend the future in-laws were all here for Drews graduation from Denver University. I just have to say I could NOT be more proud of him. In 5 years he graduated with a double major in Finance and Real Estate- always kept a GPA of over 3.5, studied abroad (all of us as a family) for 6 months in SWEDEN all while being an amazing father(since beginning of Jr. year) and usually working at least 40 hours a week. Thats dedication.

Anyway so they were all here and I decided to make us Sunday morning brunch. I make Swedish pancakes for the first time in the US and the consensus was unanimous (sp?) they were amaaaaazing. THere are a ton of ways to make them and heres the recipe I used ( I tripled the recipe since I was feeding 8 people- 5 of them adult males.

Feeds 3-4
3 eggs
1.2 cups of flour
2.4 cups of milk
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

mix everything together- beat it so there are no lumps- than let sit in the fridge for 45 minutues. Use butter in frying pan every 3-4 pancakes- which you cook on medium heat. You want the pancakes to be super thin so you dont use very much of the mixture in the pan. We served them with two different types of jam and whipped cream- but my favorite way to eat them is with butter and sugar--YUMMMM. In Sweden these can be served for breakfast, lunch or a light supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment