Thursday, June 24, 2010

Operation Start taking better care of ME

For the last three years I feel like EVERYTHING I have done has been for Jasper and Drew. I was running myself ragged thinking only of them and if they had everything they needed. By the end of the day there was zero time left over for myself. And I get that is what being a mom is all about- and this is Not me complaining, just stating how it was. Lately I have realized if I don't start taking better care of myself and doing something for MYSELF once in a while I will keep spreading myself so thin that I'm bound to start breaking. Plus, and most importantly, I'm a better mom when I get an hour to myself once in a while- and now that Drew won't be working weekends anymore (except on a very rare occasion) I can actually schedule things to do! SO excited about this.

Some of the things I want to get in regularly for myself on weekends is
Mani/Pedi every few months
Brazilian bikini wax every 4-5 weeks
Pilates weekend class every few weeks
And probably my favorite- grab a coffee, a good book and somewhere quiet to read ALL. BY.MYSELF
And I refuse to feel guilty about any of it!

What do I have planned for this weekend you ask? Saturday I have an appointment with the Laura Mercier counter at Nordstrom's for a makeover/consulting (mainly because a friend talked me into it and thought it would be fun) followed by a few drinks with the girls and Sunday my bikini wax is scheduled. Super stoked.

No comments:

Post a Comment