Tuesday, November 1, 2011

So I've been seeing on blogs, on FB and on twitter people talking about the oil cleansing method so I decided to google it- you should too! I'm not going to go into depth explaining it since I'd probably say something wrong and the information is very easy to find- but basically you wash your face with two different kinds of oils- and that's it.

Sounds weird huh? Apparently it works- according to everyone who has done it anyway!

I Should start off by saying that I rarely wash my face. I know i know, totally gross. But it's the truth. I do it Maybe once a week in the shower when I think about it.

If i wear makeup- and that's a big if- i Might take my mascara off, but that's it. But you know what? It works for me. Always has. I'm the girl every one hates- the one that (before getting pregnant) had only had one zit, and it was on my lip and I thought it was a tumor. My skin was perfect. Great color, not too dry, not too oily, no black heads, small pores blah blah blah.

Then I got pregnant with Jasper. And I got maybe 7 zits/pimples in 9 months- that but was a lot of me since I'd never experienced anything like it.

And now. About 8 weeks into this pregnancy I woke up with little bumps on my forehead- and a zit under my hair! This one I was also convinced was a tumor- I dug around, pulled my hair away from it and had Drew examen it. He laughed and said yep, it's a zit. So pregnancy doesn't treat my skin very well. So maybe I should start washing my face once in a while?

I decided to give this oil method a go. I already had jojoba oil- but apparently you need castor oil as well. I've heard of that but I hadn't a clue what it was used for. So I'm wandering around by the vegetable oil looking for it- and ask an employee where it would be. She gives me a look and tells me to look in pharmacy..uh okay? For oil? So I head to pharmacy and loudly ask the lady working where castor oil could be found. "Laxatives sweetie" uhm WHAT? Yeah apparently it's used as a laxative. Had I known that I probably wouldn't have loudly been asking where I could find it.

Also? Got a look while checking out. Apparently people find it odd when you buy 6 bags of halloween candy and a bottle of laxative.

No comments:

Post a Comment