Wednesday, October 19, 2011

You haven't seen a what we ate type of post lately because food and me? Not friends right now.

But my family needs to eat- and pretty much all Drew makes is grilled cheese or frozen pizza- so I've been Trying to step it up a little bit lately. 

Last weekend I made a delicious vegetable minestrone soup in the crock pot- everyone loved it, boys even had 2nds! Now we have some in the freezer for a cold day.



I made lasagna for the first time last week- not sure why I was afraid to try to make lasagna- it really wasn't That hard. I never did get a shot of the finished product- but it was quite good- or so the boys say. I only could have a few bites..





We made a big Ikea run last weekend (ps how much do I LOVE that we now have an Ikea!!) and I made sure to stock up on their Swedish meatballs, mashed potatoes and gravy. Yum yumm. 




And to end it with a cute picture of Jasper and Remi- J was being way to quiet in his bedroom so I went in to check- and they were sitting in his closet with the door shut. And apparently playing ' dress the dog' 

1 comment:

  1. Haha, that last picture is hilarious! I was so sad when we moved from Denver right before Ikea was there, but glad they have 1 in Jersey and 1 in Brooklyn :) I love minestrone soup and yours look delicious. Speaking of lasagna, have you ever made baked spaghetti? It's great and lasts for a week of leftovers :) Take care!

    ReplyDelete