Friday, July 22, 2011

The Goods

This post could also be labeled "And the reason why we had to pay $150 in extra baggage fees"

Yeah you read that right. $150 for TWO extra bags! THings have changed. When we flew home from Sweden in 2009 we had 11 pieces of luggage..for free between the 3 of us. When I flew to Sweden in January I paid  $50 to have an extra bag with me- bringing home stuff from my grandmothers apartment.  And this time we had to pay $150 for two extra bags. I think that if you are paying over $3000 for two tickets- you should be able to bring a little more than one measly 50 lb bag- because let's face it. That will barely hold my shoes (I kid- I did Really good this trip and only brought 4 pairs of shoes total)

Sadly this only covers about 1/3 of what we bought in Sweden. This doesn't count all the goods we brought back for family members that helped with J while we were gone- all the presents I already gave Jasper when I got back ( this kid is Spoiled) and stuff in Drews bags that I had to shove in because I ran out of room. Also not pictured- tons of food we brought back. I can't help it when I'm in a Swedish grocery store. Or book store. Or clothes store. Seeing a pattern here? Now on the agenda, find a DVD player that plays Swedish DVDs because the mac has decided it will no longer play DVDs.

2 comments:

  1. just read your comment..we live in an old brick furniture warehouse! It was our dream too! its a bit raw and the old owners had different taste in colors so eventually id like to renovate a lil bit but we LOVE it : ) we are a lot alike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats crazy they are over charging for everything now! wow you did really good only 4 pairs of shoes for 3 weeks I'm impressed lol

    ReplyDelete