Sunday, June 12, 2011

I've been eyeing these for a while...

I'm never been a huge fans of shorts, I'm usually a skirt or dress kinda girl, but lately I've had my eyes own a pair of cute jean shorts.

These specifically.


But I'm leaving for Sweden in 2 weeks, so I'm trying Really hard not to do Any shopping till I get there. 1- because Stockholm is my favorite place in the world (that I've been to) to shop and 2- I want to save all my shopping money!

So, I decided to try to make a pair. I have probably 15 pairs of jeans, many that I just don't wear anymore. I have a really hard time getting rid of clothes, especially if they still fit perfectly. Like these.


I love them both and they are Super comfy and fit great, but I just don't wear this style of jeans very often anymore, so might as well try to get some other use out of them!

                       I just cut them- and rolled up the bottom and this is what I got.

I paired the bottom pair (which is the first pair of jeans, cut off) with a blue bottom up shirt like my inspiration above, and I have to say I'm pretty pleased with them! Of course I like the other shorts better, but these were FREE so that's an extra $80/pair of extra spending money I have in Sweden!!

PS yes, my room is a MESS- we have been passing around sicknesses here for the past 2 weeks and I've majorly slacked off on the cleaning because of it. I have a LOT to do before we go to Sweden!

3 comments:

  1. perfect! :) way to be creative!!! haha.. They look great! I suggest you not spend all your spending money here in Sweden to shop silly... the exchange rate is HORRIBLE right now. and everything is super expensive.. so unless they REALLY don't have it back in the states.. I'd buy it there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the last photo! The shorts really came out super cute I think I may have to give it a try now. I have sooo many jeans that I never wear and I need some shorts for summer so maybe I'll try cutting a pair.
    P.S.- I just got really cute yellow hot pant shorts wait till you see them I'm going to have to post a pic!

    ReplyDelete