Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Confession.

My three year old (almost 3 and a half) still sleeps in a crib. Why you ask? Because all of my friends with three year olds transitioned their kids from cribs to beds right before they turned two and Every. Single. One. of their kids stopped napping. That was a warning to me- hell NOOO was mine going to stop napping. And here we are 6 months after theirs all stopped napping and we are still going 1.5-2 hours worth of solid nap time Every day. Oh and he sleeps 12 hours at night also. So yah, this kid is staying in his crib for a while. I'm hoping we will keep him in the crib till we move in March. It's not that he doesn't know how to climb out. He has done it twice over the past 6 months. But he knows he isn't allowed to climb out of bed..so he doesn't.

On another note..we are making a trip to Twin Cities of Christmas to see my brother and go to IKEA! So freakin excited. I've only been to Ikea in Sweden so I'm pumped.


ektorp-loveseat-and-chaise-lounge-red__0107782_PE257555_S4.JPG.jpg

I will be bringing this beauty home. I Really want to get it in red- but with this couch I would need all white walls, and very minimal decorations, so I think I'll probably go with black or dark grey instead. But they have removable covers so someday I WILL get the red one.

poang-rocking-chair-black-birch-veneer__0093931_PE231540_S4.JPG.jpg

And Drew wants one of these- we had these in our furnished apartment in Sweden, and they are SO comfortable. And don't take up a ton of room either. 

kura-reversible-bed-blue-pine__74617_PE191868_S4.jpg
And we Might have to get this for jasper. You can flip this bed upside down and it becomes a bunkbed!! Amazing right? 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, so many things to think about- I hadn't even considered the whole transitioning to bed at a certain age thing. But I know I wouldn't be willing to give up my naps either!

    ReplyDelete