Monday, April 27, 2015

One Pan Smoked Sausage

#spon: I'm required to disclose a relationship between our site and Hillshire. This could include Hillshire providing us w/content, product, access or other forms of payment.

Now that Soren is 6 weeks old (as of yesterday!!) I've been easing my way back into actually cooking, verses panicking at 5:30 every night and making a box of mac and cheese with a side of veggies or ordering a pizza. Between the hours of 4-7PM are the craziest (especially on Mondays and Wednesdays when Jasper has soccer practice) so I've been utilizing the crock pot a lot, and also nap time prep.

Today I miraculously got Soren and Tindra to nap at the same time so I made our entire dinner during that time. AND cleaned the kitchen! I definitely felt like an over achiever.

Since I had just washed and put away all the dishes, I hated the idea of using a bunch of pots and pants, so I decided to try to make our entire dinner just using one pan, and it turned out great!


One Pan Smoked Sausage and Veggies
Ingredients
1 Package Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage
8-10 small potatoes of your choice 
2 bell peppers
1-2 tablespoons of butter
spices of your choice: I used oregano, parsley, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, sea salt and pepper


 After you have chopped up your sausage and peppers, sautee the potatoes in a bit of butter as the potatoes take the longest to took. Once they were slightly soft throw in the sausage. 
 Throw in the spices you want to use now also
 After the sausage is mostly done, add in your bell peppers. 

 And that's it! See, so easy. I threw it all in an oven safe dish and put it in the fridge till after soccer practice. When we came home I put it in the oven at 375 just to warm up while I set the table and then dinner was ready within 10 minutes! 

It was a big hit with everyone, and I think Drew and Jasper are going to be fighting over who gets to bring the leftovers for lunch tomorrow! Even Tindra, the picky eater of the family kept asking for 'more hot dogs please.'

We have been easing our way into eating mostly paleo, and I've got to say I get sick of all the chicken we have been eating so this was a perfect way to switch it up. The hillshire farms smoked sausage was delicious, and really simple to cook, and not messy and time consuming like cooking with chicken can be.  I'm already thinking of different ways I can prepare the sausage next time because clearly it was a big hit in our house! 


3 comments: