Friday, May 1, 2015

What is it like with three?

Thats the question I get asked most currently. And my honest answer is..its crazy. I was So not prepared for the craziness that comes with THREE. I'm so out numbered all day long. I honestly didn't think going from 2 to 3 was going to be a huge difference. The transition from 1 to 2 was so smooth, I kind of figured whats one more? HA. Jokes on me.

Its amazing. Seeing Jasper with a newborn now that he's almost 8 (eight!!!!) has been so special. And Tindra, well she's beyond obsessed with him and shows him off to every single person we encounter. "He's a Soren, want to see my Soren?"

But it's also Really hard. Maybe it's the ages? They all three have such different needs right now. Jasper needs lots of homework help every day during witching hour. And he needs one on one time to talk about his day at school, and practice soccer and flag football with. And to read with him in bed at night. 

And Tindra, well she is a pretty needy, demanding toddler (is three still considered toddler?) who can't be left alone for ever 4 seconds or she Will attempt to give her newborn brother whole milk. True story. 
And Soren, well he might be the neediest baby of mine yet. He basically refuses to be put down between the hours of 3 and 9 PM making that homework help and dinner prep and entertaining a just turned 3 year old slightly difficult. 

But we are s l o w l y figuring out a system and routine. But as soon as I think I have it figured out, it changes. But for now we are coping and just figuring out this little newborn of ours! 
 photo signature-9_zpse3c2de84.png

No comments:

Post a Comment