Friday, November 21, 2014

Recipe: Super easy white bread


A few weeks ago I asked you guys if anyone had any really easy bread recipes, and then talked to my mom and she sort of gave me this recipe over the phone. Except she doesn't use a recipe so no exact measurements, but after making this for 4 times now in the past few weeks, I think I have it figured out! 


It's really really easy, seriously. This was my first time baking bread by myself and I didn't even screw it up! 

Ingredients:
3 1/2 C flour
2 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
1 1/2 C water
1 table spoon sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt

Directions:
Mix water (a little bit above room temperature, I gaged it on having it be the same temperature of a bottle of milk I would feed a baby) sugar and yeast. Mix it and let it sit for 10 minutes to make sure it 'rises' a bit. You can tell when it does, it looks a lot thicker and 'bigger'.

Next mix in flour and salt with the water/yeast/sugar mixture. Kneed until it's smooth. I threw mine in the Ninja blender with the dough paddle but this isn't necessary, just makes it super quick! 

Next place the dough ball into a greased big bowl, cover with a towel and let it rise for an hour. 

After the hour is up, punch it down a bit for a minute, form it into an oval shape and cut three little diagonal lines across it (not sure if this is necessary, I just see everyone else do this) and put it on a lightly greased baking sheet and cover with towel again. Let it rise another hour. 

Bake it at 350 for 35-40 minutes and EAT it while it's warm! With Butter! And maybe a slice of cheese! And add a cup of tea. That makes it the best. Just trust me.

*I have also made it into two bread tins by splitting the dough in two and making oval shaped balls and placing it in the middle, it spread and covered most of the pan. Make sure pan is greased so it comes out nice and easy. 

*Also once I put little pieces of bacon in the dough right before putting in the oven. Super yummy. 







Try it! I promise it's SO so easy. I'm not a baker, and I absolutely love this bread. So much I have been making it at least once a week. It only keeps for a few days, but ours is always gone in 48 hrs anyway. 
 photo signature-9_zpse3c2de84.png

No comments:

Post a Comment