Saturday, November 8, 2014

Pippi and Spiderman

The weekend before Halloween we ventured out early to Boo at the Zoo. We have gone every year since Jasper was two, making this our 5th year! We learned after our first boo at the zoo trip to GO EARLY! It's the busiest weekend of the year at the zoo I've been told (and witnessed!) and parking spots fill up fast! 


My goal was to get there at 8:30 and when I told Drew I wanted us out the door at 8 sharp he laughed at me and said yeah right. I should mention this was at 7:35 as we rolled out of bed because Tindra SLEPT IN! Jasper didn't. But did crawl quietly in the bed with us and waited mostly patiently while we dozed some more. 


So when I realized it was 7:35 I quickly threw some home made toast in the toaster and got to work getting the kiddos in their costumes. Tindra's was a bit more difficult since braiding a toddlers hair isn't exactly a quick or fun activity, but regardless I managed to have the kids AND myself dressed and ready to walk out the door by 8:07 which was pretty impressive I thought. Colorado Blvd (the main road that takes us directly to the zoo) was shut down for some unknown reason so we had to take a detour and ended up pulling in at 8:33. Still impressive though! We got a decent spot and by the time we made our way to the entrance at 8:45 they were letting people in even though it technically isn't supposed to open till 9. We noticed they did this last year also so Denver Boo At the Zoo tip : GO EARLY! 


By going early we avoided any lines (except for the very last trick o treat spot which was the first for some people as they were coming in) and we were completely done and pulling out at 10:45. Perfect! Through the entire zoo in two hours. Drew and I were wondering out loud how different it would be next year at this same event with three little ones to wrangle! 















 photo signature-9_zpse3c2de84.png

No comments:

Post a Comment