Monday, March 24, 2014

Smoothies

The beginning of last week, Drew and I did a three day smoothie cleanse. We had been talking about doing it for a while and finally Sunday said eff it, lets do it tomorrow. So Drew went to the store at 10 PM with a list and when he got back I chopped and prepared. I think thats the key to sticking to any strict cleanse or diet. 
Was it fun? Not in the least. Was it manageable? Sure was. Would I do it again? Probably. What was the hardest part? Making food for the kids that I wasn't allowed to touch. That was a little bit like torture. But other than that it wasn't so bad! We felt great after it was over, Drew even tried to convince me to continue for another day and a half..I laughed in his face. Obviously. 
I started out following Dr. Oz's three day smoothie cleanse, but decided to improvise a bit and make up my own smoothies because the texture of some of his had me literally gagging, though the taste was fine!

This top smoothie I 'created' using one of my own favorites not following the cleanse. 
2 C frozen blueberries
1 Banana
2 Large handfuls of fresh spinach
2 table spoons peanut butter
5-6 strawberries
1/2 C Almond milk




This green smoothie wasn't a favorite but it was a good way to get lots of veggies in!
1 Cucumber
3 Celery Stalks
1/2 C Coconut Water
1/2 C Pineapple 
1/2 Lime
1/2 green apple
1 tablespoon coconut oil
large handful of kale

The greatest thing this smoothie cleanse did was getting us 100% on board with eating clean. We will have cheat meals especially on weekends when we like to eat out but during the week we are committing to eating only clean, no processed crap! Sounds easier than it is I think, but I'm determined to make this change for our family. I thought we were eating pretty clean, but when I looked at all the breads, crackers dressings etc. on our daily 'menu' I realized we definitely weren't eating as clean asI thought! But now for the past week it's only clean!  I can't wait to share some recipes I've found and would love to hear your favorite clean eating recipes as well
 photo signature-9_zpse3c2de84.png

No comments:

Post a Comment