Thursday, August 9, 2012

Just to blog?

I love blogging. I started when we were studying abroad as a family in Sweden in the beginning of 2009. It  was a good way to keep everyone updated about what was going on thousands of miles away. Even before my blog were my journals. I filled dozens over the years. I recently found my very first diary. It was in Swedish and I was 7 I think.

 I still love blogging. It's something I do for myself. And to show Jasper and Tindra some day. But really it's just a way for me to document our lives.

I also love finding and reading blogs that I connect to. Some of them are the 'big blogs' but many are small blogs that I love even more than those bigger blogs.

But lately, a lot of blogs have started to bug me. I feel like so many bloggers are doing things just to blog. Instead of doing things because they WANT to, I feel like some think 'oh we should go to this so I can blog about it.' And I could very well be wrong and just reading it that way. Totally possible. But it does turn me off to certain blogs. 

If I ever become one of those bloggers, I hope I realize that's whats happening or someone cues me in. That will be the day my blog goes private or I stop blogging all together. I want to live and experience life with my family. And some of those moments get blogged about but so many don't. It doesn't make those memories or moments any less significant. 

Am I the only one that feels this way? Do you ever get that feeling that some bloggers aren't experiencing life as much as they are writing about it? 


11 comments:

  1. ive noticed the same thing especially on some of the bigger blogs. ive done a lot of unfollowing lately. still read yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally know what you mean. There is so much of our life that doesn't go on the blog and I'm so glad to keep it between just our little family. Way to keep perspective, mama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Every single little thing doesn't need to be on here! PS Bummed I missed that movie but my friends didn't leave till the afternoon. September our coffee date NEEDS to happen!!

      Delete
  3. I've saw the same thing and maybe a time or two might have been guilty of this myself. But I'm getting better at just enjoying time with the hubs without worrying if we're doing anything 'blog worthy'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's easy to get sucked into that way of thinking, Ive thought myself "Oh I wish I would have taken pictures so I could blog about it" and then get super mad at myself for even thinking like that! I guess as long as we become aware of it maybe we won't get caught up in it!

      Delete
  4. YES. This is why i have stopped reading a lot of blogs that i used to. so lame

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm one of those people that takes evryone for their word, so I don't really pick up on that stuff. I like being that way, so that I can just enjoy blogging :) Ignorance is bliss sometimes.

    ReplyDelete