Monday, August 27, 2012

Anonymous Asked:

"How's the weight loss going"
Ugh, I'll be honest. It's at a complete stand still. The first 6 weeks I lost about 25 lbs- all due to breast feeding since I was (and still am) eating a TON. I'm seriously way hungrier than my entire pregnancy and there are days I never feel full. Especially from about 3PM to bed time (midnight) I eat at least 3 meals. Seriously. So yeah I guess it's no WONDER I'm not losing weight anymore. But I'm not gaining either, which with the way I'm eating I probably should be gaining weight. 

I started the couch to 5K 4-5 weeks ago, and after that I lost 1, yes ONE pound after a few days. Not much obviously but I hadn't seen the scale move in two months so I was happy with that! But now I still have 5-7 lbs to lose to be at my pre pregnancy weight and 10-12 to be where ideally I would like to be. I've been told by many that those last 5 lbs will stay on till I'm done BFing, so it might be a while before I'm at my ideal weight, but in the mean time- I would like to get toned, and more importantly, in shape! 

Today I joined the YMCA down the street and I'll switch my runs to there (it was getting boring running around a baseball field and I get shinsplints if I do sidewalks or roads) and I'm going to try some zumba, yoga and pilates classes. My goal is to make it there 3-4 times a week. This might sound like an easy goal, but I won't be able to go till Drew gets off work, which isn't till 6:30 usually. I hate to miss bed time with the kiddos (as in I pretty much never do it) so I won't leave the house till 7:30-8. I have no problem working out at night- but I feel like I don't see Drew a whole lot as it is, so I don't want to leave every night! So hopefully I can do it 2 maybe three week nights and then at least once on the weekend can make it to a class. They do have a daycare at the Y starting at 6 weeks, but I just don't feel comfortable leaving T there yet even with me in the building. Maybe in a few months I'll feel more comfortable. 

And I NEED to start eating better. I'm not going to stop eating when I'm hungry, I've heard that really can mess with your supply, but maybe I don't need to send Drew to the corner gas station every night to get me an ice cream sandwich. Healthier options would probably help with the hunger just as well. 

Eating Plan: smoothies for breakfast, salads or lean cuisine meals for lunch (now that J will be in kindergarten for lunch starting on Thursday (SOB) I won't be cooking for anyone but myself so that should be doable) and whatever I want for dinner. Plus healthy snacks like veggies and hummus in between meals and as my 10PM pumping snack. 

Hopefully I'll have some weight loss to post about in the near (ish) future!




No comments:

Post a Comment