Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Can't believe we are going to do this.



So the lady whose son I nanny for was telling me about a 3 day diet she was on. The only thing she can eat while on this diet/cleanse is raw fruit, vegetables, organic juice and nuts. THATS IT. She did it before her wedding and this week before going to the beach w friends for the first time since having her son this weekend. She doesn't have a scale so she doesn't know what/if she has lost any weight but last time she did it she went from having a dress that she couldn't breathe in to it being too big.

I was telling Drew about this and we decided to give it a go. His reason: he lost like 20 lbs a few months ago on the Game On! Diet (i lost like 5 in 4 weeks AND cheated a lot so it def works!) and had to buy all new clothes for work. But he has since gained 5-7 of that back so he wants to lose just a few. I don't necessarily have a weight loss goal anymore even though I'm still at least 10 lbs pre-baby weight, but I'm up for the challenge! Plus it just sounds SOOO healthy. Its more of a cleanse than a diet- which is why I'm doing it. I need to eat healthier!

Anyway so tonight after Riley(11 month old boy I nanny for) went home Jasper and I headed over to Sprouts. Its like 15 min. away and there are at least a dozen grocery stores closer, but they have mainly organic foods and its more of a farmers market feel to it.

So here's the food we will be eating over at least the next two days. Possibly Sat. as well but it will be a lot harder since we have a birthday party to go to. I was so surprised how little our bill came to, I filled 6 bags of fruits, veggies, juice and nuts- most of it organic- and spent only $29!! I was amazed. We will be feasting on bananas, cucumbers, tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, lettuce, raspberries, cantaloupe, carrots, peaches and plums. Those are things we love- but it will be hard ONLY eating those! Going to need some support on this one!


And this is the face Jasper now makes if you ask him to wink.

1 comment: