Monday, January 4, 2016

Goals

I like to call them New Years Goals instead of resolutions. I'm not sure why really but I've always hated the term 'resolutions' seems to formal and binding. But goals is something I can obviously get on board with!

I have lots of personal and business related goals for the new year and honestly I'm Really excited it's 2016.

2015 was an amazing year, we did some fun traveling (North Carolina, Jackson Hole, Iowa) Jasper started 3rd grade (!!!!) and Tindra preschool, and most importantly, Soren joined our family. We had a lot of amazing things happen for our family! But we also had some difficult times. Some really really challenging times that I'm really happy to put behind us in 2015. So while 2015 was one of the best, it was also one of, if not the hardest. 

I think 2016 will bring a lot of growth and positive changes for our little family. It will most likely bring a move (to a bigger house!) which could lead to a change of schools for the kids. Which will be a huge change for especially Jasper.

Soren will turn one (hooooooow) and Tindra 4 (again hooooow) and Jasper 9. Doesn't seem possible that soon I'll have 1, 4 and 9 year olds! And I supposed now would be a good time to mention that I'll turn 30. I'm mostly excited about that! Mostly. Talk to me again in July. 

Back to the goals. 

Blog Goals: Blog more regularly, 2-3 times a week. I Love going back to see what we have been up and I want to be able to keep doing that for years to come! If not for blogging I would have forgotten about so  much of the things Jasper and I experienced! Just the little, special to just us things. 

Photography Goals: Grow my little business! Slowly, I don't have as much time to devote to it as I would like, but eventually! So slow growth works great for me. Also, start taking more pictures of my own kids. Not with my phone. I own THREE  expensive DSLR's and I rarely pick them up at home. That needs to change! I'm going to start a weekly project picking up my DSLR on the kiddos that I'll probably end up sharing here as well. Also- PRINT PICTURES. Enough said. 

Weight loss/health Goals: It's no secret the weight has been hard to lose this 3rd time around. It's gotten harder and harder with each pregnancy/child. Imagine that! PS thanks to the super sweet comment regarding how big I look in this post, that felt amazing to hear. So this year I'd love to do more than just lose some weight, I would LOVE to be the fittest/healthiest I've ever been by my 30th birthday at the end of July. Loft goal? Probably. But doable? I think so. I'll definitely be sharing more about that later!

Mom Goals: Simple. Be a better mother. My kids are Everything to me. And I want them growing up knowing that without a doubt. I want to be more present. Like keeping my phone plugged into the wall and actually getting down and playing every day. Sure I 'play'w with my kids every day. But it needs to be More. And without my phone next to me. 

And lastly, I need to learn to be a little bit selfish also. My kids come first and always have. Always. For the past 9 years now. And thats fine. And it Should be that way. But I think I need to put myself first sometimes too. Or at least not just last on the list. I've been feeling run down with life this past year. Always tired. Not eating healthy and just skipping meals because by the time I get everyone else fed, I'm too tired to even feed myself. The other day I had to stop the car and run around back to check and make sure I buckled Soren in because I literally could not even remember if I had strapped him into his car seat. If I hadn't heard him cooing back there I wouldn't have known for sure if he was back there because again, I couldn't remember getting him in. Thankfully he Was buckled in properly.  But I'm in such a fog sometimes trying to do it all for everyone else, that I end up failing a little bit at everything, and mostly failing myself. I think if I took just a tiny bit of time to myself once in a awhile, I would be a better mom and wife. So 2016, I'm going to start being a bit selfish. Besides a few photo shoots, I literally can't think of Anything I have done by myself/for myself in the past year. Not one. I'm sure theres got to be something, but I can't think of anything. But my children have a perfectly capable father, and I need to stat taking advantage of that. 

So here's to 2016! It's going to be a good one. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment