Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Getting My Oil Changed While Shopping! #DropShopAndOil

This #DropShopAndOil shop has been compensated by #CollectiveBias, Inc and it's advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.

When we were living in Sweden when Jasper was a toddler, we used public transportation every day to get us to the grocery store, school, Jasper's daycare, the beach, really anywhere we wanted to go. I loved it. The only thing I needed to do to get around was make sure my bus card was loaded, and know what times the busses ran. They ran like every 5-8 minutes so clearly not a difficult task.

When we got back to the states, having to have a car to maintain was such an adjustment. Now instead of grabbing my bus pass and walking right outside to the bus stop to get anywhere, I have to make sure I have my drivers license. And keys. And tank of gas. And car seats. And an ice scraper in the winter. And windshield wiper fluid. And oil that needs to be changed every 5,000 miles.Etc. Etc. So much more to think about vs just a bus pass or if I forgot that, a few kronor.

Now that I'm driving the most precious cargo around, keeping my car safe is the most important thing. Regular check ups, never going below half a tank a gas (my mom taught me that one in high school) regular oil changes, making sure their car seats are installed correctly are just a few of the ways I make sure my kids are as safe as they can possibly be in the car. 

I'll be honest, Drew is usually the one that's in charge of taking my car to get it's oil changed. It's almost always right before I'm driving back to Iowa solo with the kids (several times a year) that he decides it needs done before I leave the state. He usually drops it off with his bike in the back and then bikes home and goes and picks it up later. But the last few months he has been swamped at work and I knew it was time for an oil change. So when I found out that Walmart offers oil changes using Pennzoil, and that I could drop my car off there to get my oil changed while I shopped and wouldn't have to deal with hanging out in an auto shop for hours, pregnant with two kids, I knew it was something even I could handle. 
So I headed to Walmart bright and early to beat any sort of crowd and got right in! I talked to the friendly guy working and got a little panicked when he asked what kind of oil I need because hello…Drew is the car guy in this family. We had decided to go with Pennzoil for several reasons; Pennzoil is designed for complete protection and will allow you to drive for an extra 550 miles a year, and they offer a free warranty that covers 15 engine parts that may fail do to engine wear.   Did you know that Pennzoil comes in three different varieties? I sure didn't, I just assumed..oil is oil. What's the difference? Turns out, big differences between the types of oil. 

The options are; Conventional Motor Oil, High Mileage Vehicle and Platinum Synthetic Motor Oil.
 
After talking talking it over, we decided that High Mileage Vehicle blend; which helps reduce leaks and oil consumption in high mile vehicles, was the best for my car because it's designed for cars with over 75K miles, and she's pushing 100K.
After I dropped off the car, the kiddos and I went in to do our last minute baby shopping. Oil changed AND all the last minute baby items I needed all in one stop?So simple and I felt so accomplished! 


Two things I can now cross off my 'Must Get Done Before Baby Comes' list. Now if I could just bring someone in to do wash, dry, fold and put away all of our laundry I'd be good to go!
Now, want to enter an amazing giveaway? 
As part of the current #ShopDropOil Pennzoil campaign at Walmart, three (3) lucky winners will each win a trip to one of the Richard Petty Driving Experiences (each trip valued at $1,100). This means that the winners get to climb into a NASCAR car for an adrenaline-pumping experience that simulates real NASCAR driving.
Click  here to enter! Pennzoil Richard Petty Driving School "Experience of a Lifetime" Giveaway

4 comments:

  1. I wish we had a walmart closer than 45 miles! I would so do that. Maybe I should anyway so I could get shopping done at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Walmart does oil changes! Anytime I can get my car's oil changed while I am doing my weekly shopping errands is a win-win in my book. That even leaves enough time to fold the laundry...well, maybe! Thanks for sharing. #client

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice that you've gotten a lot of things covered there, right down to the most important basics, especially for travel, such as fuel. It's really wise to simply buy lots of those and store them up and stuff, although you can actually call refueling services whenever and wherever. Thanks for sharing that! All the best!

    Abraham Yates @ Apache Oil Company

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any time I have anything done with my car, I take the vehicle to a shop close to malls and other stores. This way, I never have any "down time" and can get things done while the car is being fixed. Let them do work on the timing belt while I am getting my taxes and shopping done. Of course, convenience isn't the only thing I look at. The garage has to be a reputable one.

    Shayne Gustafson @ Berico Heating and Air

    ReplyDelete