I know I'm still considered young to most others with kids, but this weekend I realized I have gotten old. I mean really old. For several reasons.
1. We hired a babysitter to go to a concert Saturday night. (Hiring a babysitter always makes me feel old in general) and when we got to the concert at 7:30 and found out it didn't start till 9:30 I was floored. "9:30? Why does it start so late" Drew, the concert goer, had to inform me that 9:30 is a perfectly acceptable time for a concert to start. I yawned.
2. Since we were there so early (we thought the concert started at 8) we had our choice between being up front standing or sitting down in the back and I didn't hesitate before voicing my opinion "Lets go sit in the back, I definitely don't want to be standing for three hours getting bumped into and beer spilled on me." Luckily everyone agreed. We are all old.
3. The second the music started I turned to my friend, "Wow that's loud, I wish they would turn it down." Yep, officially old when you start thinking music is to loud. AT A CONCERT. After a few minutes I did forget about how loud it was. Or maybe they did turn it down? Either way, it was still enjoyable.
4. The husbands disappeared around midnight to get a last drink before the show was over and were gone forever (long story) but the moms/wives were ready to leave by then. We finally dragged our husbands out as the encore was beginning because it was already 1:30! And we had a babysitter to get home.
5. All. Day. Hangover. From two drinks! I never even got drunk but got a hungover. Ridiculous right? I was ready for bed by 7 PM Sunday night.
So I guess it's time to change the title of this little blog of mine, because this mamma is officially no longer young.