Friday, July 27, 2012

Owen

Being pregnant at the same time as my baby sister was pretty special (and secretly I hope it happens again :) But I knew the odds of me being there when he was born were like 1 in a million. I live 700 miles away and of course wanted to be there but just realized it probably wouldn't happen.

Her due date was July 26th, but she was having super high blood pressure and was on bed rest at 35 weeks  so for her health her OB decided to induce at 37 weeks. Which happened to be the 4th of July, the day we arrived into down for my brother's July 7th wedding!

She was induced at 9PM on the 4th, and on the 5th I woke up, scarfed down some hotel breakfast and headed to Des Moines (40 min away from where my mom lives and where Drew's parents live also) with Tindra while J was hanging out with Drew for the day. 

I got there at 10 AM and spent the day hanging out in the waiting room with my mom. She was so glad to have T there as a distraction! We took turns going in and relieving her husband, but for the most part she just wanted to be alone in there (I'm the SAME way during labor!) 

Baby Owen was finally born a little after 4 PM and soon after we got to go in and meet him. 

Even at 37 weeks he was 8 lbs! And with a head full of hair. In love with this gorgeous little man!






No comments:

Post a Comment