Thursday, December 10, 2015

Most wonderful time of the year

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SimplySteamed #CollectiveBias


I mean it really is the most wonderful time of the year. At least it is since having kids old enough to really get into the magic of it all. But for all that wonderful Christmas magic to happen, this elf has to drive all over town running errand after errand, stopping at store after store. Not going to lie, it's exhausting! The other day while Tindra was at preschool in the morning, and Jasper was at school Soren and I did a bunch of shopping. After dealing with the craziness of the mall (all while lugging around a semi grouchy baby) I was very tempted to grab some fast food for lunch. But I stopped myself. I've been trying really hard to continue to eat healthy during the crazy holidays and I needed to stop at King Soopers for diapers anyway so I popped in to see if I could find something super quick and healthy. 


I found these Healthy Choice® Simply Cafe Steamers® in the freezer aisle and had to try them. I've been eating a lot of salads lately and knew my favorite, simple salad would make the perfect pairing. And I was right! I went with the Grilled Chicken and Pesto Vegetables, but the other meals ( Meatball Marinara, Chicken Fried Rice, Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry, Grilled Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo, and Lemon Herb Chicken) looked just as tasty. The whole dish had such great flavor. I'm going to start making pesto more, I forget how much I love it! I love how my entire lunch was packed with such delicious flavor but low on carbs. 



For my salad I started with a 50/50 blend of greens and spinach. 

Shredded a carrot to throw on top. 

And most importantly, a bit of cheese. These really make the salads for me. I mean, everything is better with cheese!

Lastly, a bit of ranch, but any dressing will do!

While I threw my salad together, I had stuck my Grilled Chicken Pesto and Vegetables in the microwave for 4 minutes, and when I was done with my salad, my Healthy Choice® Simply Cafe Steamers® was done! 

These are literally steamed (if you couldn't tell by the name) so be careful when you pull the film off because the steam makes it super hot. 

In 5 minutes I had a delicious and healthy meal, I mean that's probably less time than the fast food drive through would have been. 

If you want to try a Healthy Choice® Simply Cafe Steamers® (and you definitely want to!) here's a coupon for a dollar off! 

Have any tips to share on how you eat healthy during the craziness of the holidays? 

No comments:

Post a Comment