Sunday, May 15, 2016

Swedish Feta Stuffed Meatballs

Last summer when our Swedish friends where here visiting, Sofie made the best dinners for us. I would be with the kids at soccer practice and walk into a delicious meals waiting for us. After having them here I really started to get the whole Sisterwife thing. I mean, if they are going to make dinner for me on crazy nights..I get it sister wives, I get it. 
When  Jones Creek Beef  asked me share a recipe using their ground beef I thought it was the perfect time to try out one of the delicious meals Sofie made while here.
In Swedish its called biffar, which I guess translate to steak, but when I think of steak I think of something entirely different, so I'm going to call these Swedish Feta Stuffed Meatballs
Ingredients
2 table spoons onion powder of 1/2 chopped yellow onion ( I used powder)
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
4-5 tablespoons bread crumbs (add more if it doesn't form well) 
salt/pepper/garlic powder 
feta cheese, I used one small container for the meatballs and the feta sauce I made to serve with it

Mix all the ingredients except the feta together in a large bowl. Then form the meat mixture into large meatballs, they will shrink down some. Once I had the size I wanted them to be I flattened them a bit in my hand so they looked like hamburgers, grabbed a big chunk of feta and pressed it into a meat, then formed a ball around the feta so the feta is in the middle. 


Then stick the meatballs in a pan on medium heat and turn gently every few minutes so they don't fall apart. Mine took about 20 minutes before they were cooked all the way through. 


Serve with a salad, potatoes and a yummy little feta dip which is just feta and sour cream mixed together. So good! The kids even asked for left overs for lunch the next day. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow looks so delicious! Never tried anything like this before. Can't wait to give it a try! :-)

    -Alice Wright
    www.whatsoever-lovely.blogspot.com
    www.thewrightfamilyfarm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete