Friday, January 14, 2011

A few of my favorite things...Jojoba oil

When I was back in Iowa over Christmas break I made a point to go to Des Moines (30 min. from my mom's) to check out the new Trader Joe's. While I was there I of course bought several bought of ridiculously cheap wine (THREE DOLLARS FOR A BOTTLE) Can you believe that?!?!?

While wandering the isle I found a bottle of organic jojoba oil- so I decided to give it a shot. Let me start off by saying I've got pretty 'normal' skin, not too dry, not too oily- but in the Colorado winters it can get a little dry from time to time. Since I started using it? Not a single dry spot. Amazing right? Also? The hubbs has been having a little dry scalp issue (sorry Drew) but two nights of this, and it;s completely Gone. A few drops of this oil did what Heads&Shoulders couldn't do. Amazing.

Here's what I use it for:
As a Moisturizer, for my hands, a tiny bit on my face from time to time when I'm feeling extra dry, on my scalp if needed.

As Make up Remover- i put a little bit on a cotton ball- and use it to take off my mascara (really the only make up I use) it works Great!

As Cuticle Oil- my cuticles had been looking pretty nasty lately- I need a manicure BADLY- but the last two nights I've rubbed a little oil on them, and they are seriously looking way better.

As Conditioner- I've mixed a little oil in w/ my regular condition. I've only done it twice so I can't tell a difference yet, but it feels nice!

As Massage Oil--last week I conned my hubby into giving me a massage. This oil happened to be on my nightstands, so I had him rub oil in...and let me say it was Nice.

So far I haven't found much that I Can't do with this oil! My impulse buy is turning out to have been a great one! So if you have a Trader Joe's near you- I recommend that you rush to your nearest one and stock up on some jojoba oil! I've already requested that my mom pick me up some more so I can grab it when we are home for a friends wedding next month.

**Can you believe I'm NOT getting paid by jojoba OR Trader Joe's? I Really just love the product and wanted to share with you.

1 comment: